Reports To: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Working Hours: must be available: Sunday mornings (4-5 hours per week), as well as occasional special services and events (including but not limited to Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Easter).
This position is responsible for providing overall coordination for the nursery at Palms Presbyterian Church, which may include both an infant nursery and a toddler/preschool nursery. This includes scheduling, staffing, training, and overseeing the nursery. This position plays a key role in helping the church welcome children and young families. It requires effective communication, concern for policies that maintain a safe environment, and the ability to exercise creativity and sound judgment without
- Hire adult and youth nursery staff in conjunction with supervisor and Church Business Director.
- Maintain a “Guidelines and Reminders” document with instructions for nursery procedures.
Keep a copy at the check-in desk.
- Print and post sign-up sheets for workers’ weekly schedules.
- Schedule nursery staff for all childcare events and communicate regularly with nursery staff to
assure all required positions are filled each time nursery care is required.
- Ensure all documents and materials are provided for accurate record keeping, registration,
safety, child and worker identification, time sheets, schedule sheets, incident report sheets, etc.
- Secure information on new children and enter into identification/security system. Store all
information in designated location and provide pertinent information to nursery staff, such as
allergies or special needs.
- Ensure accurate information is maintained on all children.
- Regularly assess supplies and ensure nursery is properly equipped.
- Cover for childcare staff during unexpected absences.
- Provide a monthly report of nursery activity to supervisor.
- Send a post card or email to new families visiting the nursery.
- Record weekly and monthly attendance during worship services, Sunday school, and other
church functions as applicable.
- Maintain contact list of nursery staff and share with Church Business Director.
Reports To: Director of Palms Preschool
Working Hours: Must be available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2 – 3:30 p.m. and on Wednesdays from 12:30 – 2:15 p.m.
Palms preschool is looking for a small bus driver (no CDL license is required).
- Must have a current driver’s license (no CDL license is required).
- Must be able to pass a physical health exam.
- Must be able to pass a Class Two background screening.
- Must take CPR training.
- Must take Frist Aid training.
Reports To: Nursery Coordinator
Working Hours: must be available: Sunday mornings (4 hours per week), other availability for special services such as Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Fine Arts Concerts, plus additional summer hours (+/- 2-4 hours per week)
This position is responsible for caring for the needs of the children in the infant and toddler / preschool nursery at Palms Presbyterian Church. This position requires a joyful demeanor, attentiveness, and willingness to play with children. This position also requires communication and hospitality skills between staff, parents and children. Concern for safety policies is mandatory. You must be able to exercise creativity and sound judgment and possess the skills to work with children and adults.
- Follow and adhere to guidelines in Palms Presbyterian Church Employee Handbook, Palms Child and Youth Safety Policy, Palms Nursery Guidelines and playground rules
- Must be CPR Certified including infant CPR or get certification within 60 days of hire
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time to allow for set up and / or settling in
- Adhere to the dress code and wear a name tag during your shift
- Follow direction given by Nursery Coordinator for position that day in the nursery
- Greet parents and children in an efficient and hospitable manner
- Be able to use computer to check in children as requested
- Interact and play with children, treating each one as a beloved child of God worthy of your attention and love
- Interact with parents and present self in a way that instills their confidence in your ability to care for their child(ren)
- Attend scheduled and called training events and meetings
- Use sound judgment
- Keep children safe